Posted by : Unknown Monday, March 25, 2013


Ok so Alex told me I HAD to write a review on The Hobbit, but how on Earth do you write a review on something that has been read and loved by probably millions of people for YEARS?? I honestly don't know, so I decided to both review as well as talk about the differences between the first time I read it and this time around.

The first time around, I think I was in Middle School still and I think my brother was reading it for a class in High School or something and I wanted to read it too. I tried really hard to get through it, but honestly it was a huge struggle. I hated how much detail there was in everything and just couldn't get past some of the language and story. I am ashamed to say it, but I really don't think I was a very good reader back then. I hated the fantasy books because they made you have to create your own version of a world and you couldn't just rely on thing that you were already familiar with. I didn't like the Harry Potter books the first time through either and still have yet to read The Lord of the Rings. I am proud to say now that I think I am much better at reading. As most people who actually read this know, I love Harry Potter and everything about the HP Universe. I also have now given The Hobbit a second try and Loved it as well!

This time around I found the immense amount of detail wonderfully helpful in imagining the scenes and characters. I did have some help from the movie, but this movie did not cover even close to half of the book. To be honest I am surprised they are making it into 3 movies. I am guessing they will have to take a lot from other sources like The Silmarillion in order to fill out the last 2 movies. I am very excited regardless.

Okay, so I may have lied when I said I was going to incorporate some actual reviewing in here, but it is too hard. I think that anyone who loves getting caught up in another world will love this book and if you read it at a young age, like me, then definitely give it another chance. That goes for most fantasy genre books.

{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Blockchain number is compulsion for it users because you might need it anytime due to errors like account verification, pending transactions etc. All such abrupt errors are annoying and make you insecure about Blockchain account. Better to reach the Blockchain support phone number experienced experts and let them proffer remedies and methods so that you can fix your issues. It will be Blockchain Support NUmber the matter of few minutes if you get into need of best support services. Because tech guys consume only a little time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Users! Do you ever forget your Gemini account password? If yes, it might have been a bad experience and stressing as well in Gemini exchange. Consider for calling at the customer care as soon as possible and get best resolutions in hardly a while. Consult Gemini support phone number support team anytime and they will suggest you all the ways for coping Gemini Support Number with the account blockage like scenarios. You can chat with the support team as soon as possible and overcome the problems instantly.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © 2013 Bonni's Book Reviews -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -